Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Good Love

I will find someone who knows the importance of stories. Someone as beautiful as the strangers who I see on the street. They walk in oblivion of their visceral appearances, vivid colors and stark faces show only interest in their task, their destination.
Yet I think about them and give them a story, one they will never know. I want someone to share this with, someone who can go from kissing me to telling me about the wonders in this world. Taking the everyday and making it all into a pattern.
    Instead here I am, maybe falling in love. This man knows no stories, his vice and grace is in music. While he cannot follow my strange imaginings I cannot keep up with his complex chords and beats. All the things I thought I wanted may be wrong. He surprises and delights me every day, and more and more I am surprised by myself. Did I ever think I could like this? Not one whit. Still, here I am finding a someone. Even if he can’t make stories with me he still enjoys the ride, and when I listen to his music I find it hard to find a difference between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment